Sunday, August 06, 2006

Monday June 19 – Day 30 – Pinedale, WY

Depending on how you count it, this is one month. There’s really no denying it – I’m sick of being on the road. I love the riding, but the camping, eating crappy food, being by myself are taking their toll. (Camping is the least of the three – I actually really prefer camping to crappy motels now, and it’s going to be tough to sleep inside after this.) But the last three days have been tough because I haven’t had the great rides to balance everything out.

Today actually wasn’t bad at all. I actually had a tailwind to start out the day (the first 40 miles or so). It only started to come around into a headwind for the last 15 miles or so, and even then it was more from the side than anything. The views on both sides were gorgeous, but I’m really jonesing for more mountains to climb. This wind/valley/flat just really isn’t why I came out here.

The goal for the day was Boulder, but I actually made it to Pinedale, one town past Boulder. Boulder didn’t have much anyway – Pinedale is the real town. I found an RV park with a shower and am feeling pretty good. I think I’m out of the wind country for the most part now.

Day 30 stats:

75 miles
2000 feet up (mostly shorter risers)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


search engine optimization resources