Sunday, August 06, 2006

Wednesday June 21 – Day 32 – Grand Teton National Park, WY

There’s so much to do on town days. This isn’t really a town day, since there isn’t a town, but all the services are here so it’s like that. Laundry, groceries, a place to camp, and a good meal. Then make some phone calls and maybe find out how the World Cup is going.

Today was a gorgeous day as far as stuff to look at. The first part was a long downhill to the highway, with a great view of the mountains (I think the Wind River mts. still) straight ahead. Then it was up over another pass, with more mountain meadows and little streams. I was forced to ride in a truck for five miles or so because of road construction.

Coming down the other side, the Tetons showed up in the distance. Those mountains are just unreal. They’re so steep it seems impossible, like they aren’t really there. I have never seen anything like it.

The only bad thing about today was I just never really felt good on the bike for some reason. I couldn’t seem to get any push, and always felt like I was running out of gas. Probably the big day yesterday was sinking its claws into me a little.

Day 32 stats:

65 miles
3000 feet up

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


search engine optimization resources