Sunday, August 06, 2006

Saturday June 24 – Day 35 – Bannack State Park, MT

I’m at a place called Bannack State Park, which is a preserved 19C mining town. I guess it was the state capital for a few years until the mines petered out. A very cool place, but no showers.

There’s a little crew down in the old restored church singing old country songs. I feel very lucky to have caught this – although the irony of a bunch of Montanans singing “Rocky Top” isn’t lost on me. Now it’s “Dream” by the Everly Brothers. If that won’t bring on homesickness, I don’t know what will.

Today was another big day through big sky country. I was going to stop at mile 70, but there was nothing there but a café. Bannack was destiny, and I’m happy to be here, even if there is no shower. I think I owe the big miles to the flat though. We’ll see tomorrow.

Day 35 stats:

82 miles
2000 feet up

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


search engine optimization resources