Tuesday, June 27, 2006

the rundown -- Helena, MT

It is official -- I've set an end date. I will finish on July 2, ride back to Whitefish on July 3, and catch a train in the morning of July 4. Word.

I've done a bunch of big days to get here, but now I'm back in the mountains and miles are tougher to come by. I only did 40 so far today, pushing the bike through some washed out snowmobile trails, and need to get back out there. But I saw the library right on the route and figured it was an omen.

In a word, these last few days have been great. Most of the riding has been through dense pine trees, sometimes on these narrow snowmobile tracks where if I didn't have a death grip on the handlebars I could sometimes reach out and touch both sides of the trail. Amazing stuff. Someday, I'm going to come back out and spend more time out here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


search engine optimization resources