Monday, June 19, 2006

Antelope -- the other white meat

It's amazing the calories one can go through out here. Just for kicks, here's what I eat in a typical day here:

5 packets of oatmeal
5 granola bars
4 PBJ's (made with tortillas)
2 packets of "big bowl" easy mac
2 lipton dinners, with one package of tuna
Assorted snacks (granola, raisins, etc.)

In town, it's even more. I don't have to worry about stuffing myself so full I can't ride, so I go to town at whatever restaurant is lucky enough (or unlucky enough, if it's all you can eat) to have me. In Rawlins I made a Pizza Hut wish I'd never seen their $6 lunch buffet sign.

And still I'm still hungry all day. I see antelope and think they look delicious (it's true, especially compared to deer). And today I ran into some herds of sheep, and started thinking about the lamb and beef shawarma platter at the Meditteranean Cafe on State Street. But what can you do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


search engine optimization resources