Monday, June 05, 2006

The wildlife report

One more thing I ought to let y'all know about. So far, the wildlife viewing has included:

Antelope -- run like crazy, not easy to get close to.
Bear -- black bear, hanging out in the road when I came around a corner. Took off as soon as I got close.
Elk -- two separate herds of elk down in the lowlands; up in the mountains I have seen a number of single elk grazing on the side of the road. It's possible to sneak up on them a little, but as soon as they hear you they take off through the woods, breaking everything in their path.
Rattlesnake -- little (two foot) guy at the Chaco ruins. Rattled at me from about 3 feet away. I ran away from him.
Pigs -- Tim is afraid of pigs.
Deer -- mule deer I think. Pretty much like our whitetails at home.
Coyotes -- howl like crazy out in the desert, like they have you surrounded and are moving in for the kill. During the day I've seen a couple slinking across the road, but they don't seem too interested in me.

And that's the wildlife report. Word.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Sort of -- we didn't see the main ruins, only a side one. The main ones were 30 miles out of the way, which is a long way out there. But I did take some time and peruse.

Saturday, June 10, 2006 10:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


search engine optimization resources