Monday, June 05, 2006

I'm famous!

One more note, then I'm out. Yesterday up on the mountain I ran into a fellow by the name of Mark. There aren't many people around up where the route is, so you stop and say hi usually. So I said hi, and it turns out that Mark is shooting a documentary about the hikers up here (there is a continental divide hiking trail -- the CDT -- that follows some of the same routes as the bike route). Anyway, he talked to me on camera for a little while and filmed me struggling up the top of one of the climbs. I guess he has already made a film about the Appalacian Trail and sold it to PBS, and the CDT is his next project. Something tells me I may end up on the cutting room floor, but you never know. (Check out his film here.)

By a strange twist of fate, Mark ended up picking me up when I was trying to walk into town, and dropped me off at a good campsite. I promised I'd buy his film when I get back. I also tried to put a bug in his ear about making his next film about bike touring, but I'm not sure how successful I was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


search engine optimization resources